Purpose of Subgroups
One of the key objectives of the Weightless SIG is to work up then finalise the Weightless standard.
Development of the standard will be enabled by Sub-Groups. These are currently established for the Applications Layer, MAC Layer, PHYsical Layer, Regulatory, Security and Test & Certification topic areas together with a Specification Review Sub-Group formed during the Second Plenary Conference to ensure ‘content’ is to a high and consistent standard. Other Sub-Groups may be formed over time as needed.
Each Sub-Group has a chairperson and other formal positions as necessary. The drafting Sub-Groups are expected to provide Change Request documents for the Weightless Specification at the quarterly Plenary Meetings/Developers Conferences, at which proposed changes and additions to the specification are set out.
The input from each of the Sub-Groups is considered at the latter meetings, giving all members an overview of changes proposed and the opportunity to debate any changes of concern, in particular those that have implications beyond the Sub-Group that drafted them.
Sub-Group membership is open to Core and Promoter members only on completion of the Weightless Terminal Licence Agreement.
- BT Adopts Weightless Technology
15 Jan 2014
- The Weight is over, Weightless hardware roadmap announced
23 Oct 2013
- Accenture joins Weightless SIG
24 Sep 2013
- 1000th Weightless SIG Member joins community
26 Aug 2013
- World's First Public Televised Demonstration of Weightless Technology
2 Jul 2013
- Weightless Announces Flagship Event Programme
28 May 2013
- The Weight is over, v1.0 of Weightless Specification is here
2 Apr 2013
- Weightless M2M Standards Group passes 600 Members
11 Mar 2013
- Weightless Specification Silicon for M2M launches
12 Feb 2013
- Weightless wins Wireless Innovation Forum’s prestigious Award
18 Jan 2013
- How LTE helped improve white space access
October 17, 2013 | Read full post
- Smart metering in the UK, the case of the oil tanker that couldn’t turn
September 28, 2013 | Read full post
- Ofcom’s co-existence consultation
September 12, 2013 | Read full post