Purpose of Subgroups
One of the key objectives of the Weightless SIG is to work up then finalise the Weightless standard.
Development of the standard will be enabled by Sub-Groups. These are currently established for the Applications Layer, MAC Layer, PHYsical Layer, Regulatory, Security and Test & Certification topic areas together with a Specification Review Sub-Group formed during the Second Plenary Conference to ensure ‘content’ is to a high and consistent standard. Other Sub-Groups may be formed over time as needed.
Each Sub-Group has a chairperson and other formal positions as necessary. The drafting Sub-Groups are expected to provide Change Request documents for the Weightless Specification at the quarterly Plenary Meetings/Developers Conferences, at which proposed changes and additions to the specification are set out.
The input from each of the Sub-Groups is considered at the latter meetings, giving all members an overview of changes proposed and the opportunity to debate any changes of concern, in particular those that have implications beyond the Sub-Group that drafted them.
Sub-Group membership is open to Core and Promoter members only on completion of the Weightless Terminal Licence Agreement.
- Weightless Announces Flagship Event Programme
28 May 2013
- The Weight is over, v1.0 of Weightless Specification is here
3 Apr 2013
- Weightless M2M Standards Group passes 600 Members
11 Mar 2013
- Weightless Specification Silicon for M2M launches
12 Feb 2013
- Weightless wins Wireless Innovation Forum’s prestigious Award
18 Jan 2013
- M2M Standards group breaks cover
7 Dec 2012
- Weightless Standards Group issues final version of IoT Specification before full release
13 Nov 2012
- Standards Group formed to enable Internet of Things growth
1 Nov 2012
- White space M2M standard makes ‘huge progress’ in first plenary session
10 May 2012
- 'Let’s now kickstart deployment', agrees white space standards body
3 Apr 2012
- Why you might want a Weightless washing machine
March 24, 2013 | Read full post
- A defining moment – the first chipset emerges
February 12, 2013 | Read full post
- US announces incentive auctions
October 1, 2012 | Read full post