Sign up as a member
There are four classes of member of Weightless: Observers, Associate Members, Core Members and Promoters. More about the different membership classes can be found here. Becoming a Member at any class other than Observer requires signing the Weightless Licence Agreement which will be provided once registered. Associate and Core Members have full access to the Weightless Specification including the Test Specification and related Specification documents.
To register for any of the four classes of member, please fill out the form below.
The required fields will vary depending on the membership type you choose.
A summary of the Weightless Licensing Regime is available here.
- Free to join Weightless SIG
- A way to "test the water" at zero cost
- Access to Weightless SIG communications
- No requirement to sign License Agreement
- Access to detailed Weightless Specification Summary
- Fee: GBP£0
- Full access to Weightless & Test specification
- A way to “test the water” at low cost
- Access to Weightless SIG marketing services
- Clear link to the standard
- Fee: GBP£650 p.a.
- Full access to Weightless & Test Specification
- Able to influence the direction and details of the specification
- Able to work in sub-groups including taking key positions
- Able to participate in Plenary Conferences
- Advance sight of working documents and proposed changes to the specification
- Clear link to the standard at a high level
- Fee: GBP£3,250 p.a.
for companies with an annual turnover of less than GBP£1m p.a.
for companies with an annual turnover of greater than GBP£1m p.a..
- Greatest ability to influence the direction and details of the specification
- Enhances the status of the standard making it more likely to succeed
- Positive publicity for the Member through clear linkage to the standard
- Able to set strategy and future direction of the SIG activities
- Able to influence who else joins as a Promoter
- However, there are a limited number of Board positions and requests to join as a Promoter need to be approved by the SIG Board