Weightless SIG Objectives
The purpose of the Weightless Special Interest Group (SIG) is to enable the design, production and deployment of Weightless terminal equipment and networks worldwide.
It will achieve this by:
- Finalising the Weightless air interface standard and making it available to members in a stable and unambiguous format.
- Enabling testing and type approval processes that will build confidence that terminals from multiple sources can communicate successfully with all networks.
- Maintaining the Weightless brand with associated trademarks and names.
- Marketing Weightless effectively to increase awareness and enhance the success of the standard.
- Managing the intellectual property rights (IPR) associated with the standard, providing IPR-free licenses for terminals and managing conflicts as necessary.
- Liaising with and influencing regulators, Governments and other standards bodies as appropriate.
- UK consortium announces IoT network in Milton Keynes
22 May 2014
- BT Adopts Weightless Technology
15 Jan 2014
- The Weight is over, Weightless hardware roadmap announced
24 Oct 2013
- Accenture joins Weightless SIG
25 Sep 2013
- 1000th Weightless SIG Member joins community
27 Aug 2013
- World's First Public Televised Demonstration of Weightless Technology
2 Jul 2013
- Weightless Announces Flagship Event Programme
29 May 2013
- The Weight is over, v1.0 of Weightless Specification is here
3 Apr 2013
- Weightless M2M Standards Group passes 600 Members
11 Mar 2013
- Weightless Specification Silicon for M2M launches
12 Feb 2013
- How LTE helped improve white space access
October 17, 2013 | Read full post
- Smart metering in the UK, the case of the oil tanker that couldn’t turn
September 28, 2013 | Read full post
- Ofcom’s co-existence consultation
September 12, 2013 | Read full post