Weightless SIG Objectives
The purpose of the Weightless Special Interest Group (SIG) is to enable the design, production and deployment of Weightless terminal equipment and networks worldwide.
It will achieve this by:
- Finalising the Weightless air interface standard and making it available to members in a stable and unambiguous format.
- Enabling testing and type approval processes that will build confidence that terminals from multiple sources can communicate successfully with all networks.
- Maintaining the Weightless brand with associated trademarks and names.
- Marketing Weightless effectively to increase awareness and enhance the success of the standard.
- Managing the intellectual property rights (IPR) associated with the standard, providing IPR-free licenses for terminals and managing conflicts as necessary.
- Liaising with and influencing regulators, Governments and other standards bodies as appropriate.
- The Weight is over, v1.0 of Weightless Specification is here
3 Apr 2013
- Weightless M2M Standards Group passes 600 Members
11 Mar 2013
- Weightless Specification Silicon for M2M launches
12 Feb 2013
- Weightless wins Wireless Innovation Forum’s prestigious Award
18 Jan 2013
- M2M Standards group breaks cover
7 Dec 2012
- Weightless Standards Group issues final version of IoT Specification before full release
13 Nov 2012
- Standards Group formed to enable Internet of Things growth
1 Nov 2012
- White space M2M standard makes ‘huge progress’ in first plenary session
10 May 2012
- 'Let’s now kickstart deployment', agrees white space standards body
3 Apr 2012
- Why you might want a Weightless washing machine
March 24, 2013 | Read full post
- A defining moment – the first chipset emerges
February 12, 2013 | Read full post
- US announces incentive auctions
October 1, 2012 | Read full post